Sunday, June 30, 2013

Conscious Box - Vegan Box May 2013 Review

This May Vegan Conscious box review is quite delayed. Once again, I was slightly disappointed in the Conscious box contents. I thought that this May Vegan box was not as good as my April Vegan box. I procrastinated while writing this review because I prefer to not write negative reviews on products and subscription boxes. However, I reasoned that it would be helpful for readers to see the contents of the May Vegan Conscious box to determine if this subscription box is a good fit for their lifestyle. These opinions are solely my own and keep in mind that the same products/subscription box may have been loved by others. 


Conscious box

Contents: The May Vegan Conscious box theme was 'Blossom With Spring'. My box included 13 different items (3 beauty, 6 food, 3 health and 1 home products). 

Beauty:
1. Suki Body Butter Cream Salve, 0.13 fl oz

Full size cost: $27.95 for 2 fl oz
Estimated sample value: $1.82

2. Veria ID Shampoo and Conditioner, 0.18 oz each


Full size cost: $11 for 8.5 oz
Estimated sample value: $0.47

3. Yes to Cucumbers, Soothing Natural Sunscreen SPF 30, 0.04 oz

Full size cost: $11.99 for 3 oz
Estimated sample value: $0.16


Food:
1. A. Vogel Herbamare Organic Seasoning, 0.09 oz

Full size cost: $8.99 for 8.8 oz
Estimated sample value: $0.09

2. Bija Lemon Ginger Echinacea Tea, 1 teabag

Full size cost: $7.49 for 20 teabags
Estimated sample value: $0.37

3. Graw Bar in Original, 1.4 oz

Retail value: $2.99

4. Happy Hemp Toasted Hemp Seeds, 2 oz

Retail value: $6

5. Pollen Ranch Organic Fennel Pollen, 1 gram

Full size cost: $17 for 1 oz
Estimated sample value: $0.60


6. Sacred Chocolate in India Sunset, 1 piece

Full size cost: $8.95 for 1.44 oz
Estimated sample value: $1

Health:
1. Dream Water in Snoozeberry, 2 bottles, 2.5 oz each


Full size cost: $14.99 for 4 pack
Estimated sample value: $7.50

2. Earthpaste Natural Toothpaste in Lemon Twist and Peppermint, 3 grams each



Full size cost: $29.99 for 4 4 oz tubes
Estimated sample value: $0.40

3. Ultima Replenisher Dietary Supplement, 0.15 oz packet

Full size cost: $19.20 for 30 individual packets
Estimated sample value: $0.64

Home:
1. ECOVER Automatic Dishwasher Tablets, 2 tablets

Full size cost: $5.95 for 25 tablets
Estimated sample value: $0.48



Summary:
Vegan Conscious Box May 2013
Total box value: $22.52



Verdict:

Size: I was happy to receive 3 full size products. However, I was disappointed that the majority of the products, 10 out of the 13 products, were one-time use samples. I was also disappointed to see that I received 'duplicates' of only 3 one-time use samples. Duplicates of one-time use samples allow me to try a product a couple times and properly form an opinion about it. I generally reserve judgement on the performance of one-time-use foil samples, unless it is a true standout.

Products: I was disappointed that 8 products were duplicates from my May Gluten-Free Conscious Box. On a positive note, I like the inclusion of beauty, food and household products in Conscious boxAlso, as with all subscription boxes, the 'discovery' aspect is one of the reasons why I like subscription boxes. I appreciate that Conscious box has introduced me to more natural and eco-friendly brands. I am most excited about trying the Earthpaste toothpaste and Ecover dishwasher tablets.

Value: Fair - a monthly subscription costs $19.95 and I received over $22 worth of eco-friendly and natural products. I don't think that this Vegan box is a good fit for my lifestyle, so I will be canceling this Vegan Conscious box subscription.


Do you subscribe to Conscious box? What did you think of May's box? 

If you are interested in Conscious box, use the code "FIRSTBOXFREE" and you only pay $7.95 for shipping.



Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Conscious box. I purchased this box. Post contains a referral link. Click here for more information on disclosures and referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...