Thursday, June 20, 2013

Popsugar Must Have June 2013 Review

I had actually cancelled my Popsugar Must Have subscription and was not scheduled to receive the June box. However, once I saw the June box contents, I immediately regretted my decision to cancel. Luckily, I was able to purchase this June box from a Popsugar subscriber in NYC who had accidentally purchased 2 June boxes! 

Contents: The Popsugar Must Have June 2013 Box included 9 items (3 beauty, 2 edible, 2 fashion, 1 entertainment and 1 lifestyle product). 



PopSugar Must Have Box


 1. Gorjana & Griffin Zuma Scarf, full size


Retail value: $62

This scarf is my favorite item in the box! It is lightweight and has a pop of color to make it unique. It is made of 100% polyester and measures 40" x 70". It is versatile and can be used as a scarf, sarong or wrap. Also, it will be great for traveling because it folds easily and does not take up much space.

2. Gorjana & Griffin Gift Card



Gift card value: $25


I was so happy that PopSugar and Gorjana & Griffin opted to give us gift cards instead of haphazardly including jewelry in our Must Have Boxes. Several different beauty and lifestyle subscription companies have included jewelry in boxes and because everyone has different taste in jewelry, it has been either a hit or a miss (mostly 'miss'). This gift card allows subscribers to select our favorite jewelry pieces and allows everyone to be happy with their choice. 

3, 4 & 5. Juice Beauty Stem Cell Repair - Moisturizer, full size and CC Creams, deluxe samples


Moisturizer retail value: $65
CC cream estimated sample cost: $7.80

I was happy to receive this moisturizer and CC cream duo because I love trying natural skincare products. Juice Beauty stem cellular repair skincare and beauty products are made with an organic grapeseed base. The packaging on the moisturizer and CC creams indicate that these products are appropriate for all skin types.

6. Hard Candy Fitness DVD - Addicted to Sweat 4

Retail value: $19.95

This exercise DVD was developed by Madonna's personal trainer, Nicole Winhoffer. The workout routine combines dance, toning and cardio training. I like that the routine only requires a chair and the floor - I appreciate that I don't need any special equipment like an exercise ball or weights. This workout routine focuses on the abs, butt and thighs. 

7. Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger


Retail value: $25.99

I was happy to receive a book because now that I have graduated from my Nurse Practitioner program, I have the time to read for leisure! This book is the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. I am impressed that we received a newly released book in the Popsugar Must Have Box.

8. Project 7 Quench The Thirsty Wintergreen Mints, 1 tube


Cost: $21.48 for 12 tubes
Estimated retail value: $1.79

Project 7 is a completely new company to me. Project 7 products support 7 areas of need across the world. These Quench The Thirst mints help provide clean drinking water to communities in need. I love the philosophy behind Project 7 and will look into their other products.

9. Popcorn, Indiana Fit Popcorn with Sea Salt, full size


Cost: $31.95 for 6 4.4 oz bags
Retail value: $2.54

This Fit Popcorn is only 37 calories per cup and made with just popcorn, canola oil and sea salt. It is all natural, non-GMO and gluten-free. I appreciate that this popcorn does not contain preservatives, cholesterol or trans fats. I've tried and enjoyed the Popcorn, Indiana variation of Kettlecorn, so I am excited to try this Fit Popcorn. Other Fit Popcorn flavors include:

  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Onion dijon
  • Parmesan & herb 

Summary:


Popsugar Must Have June 2013 Box
Total box value: $185.07-210.07



Verdict: 
Size: I was thrilled to receive 6 full size products, 2 deluxe samples and a $25 gift card!

Products: I received a great variety of products this month. As I mentioned above, I absolutely love the Gorjana and Griffin Zuma scarf! I was happy to learn about the Project 7 group. Finally, I like that the beauty products are 'natural' products.


Value: Great - I paid $35 and received over $185 worth of products ($210 with the gift card)! 



Do you subscribe to Popsugar Must Have Box? What do you think of this month's box? 

If you would like to sign up for the Popsugar Must Have Box, use code 'REFER5' to get $5 off your subscription!


Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Popsugar. Post contains a referral link. Click here for more information on disclosures and referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...