Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Birchbox June 2013 Review


Contents: The Birchbox theme this month is 'Wanderlust'. My box included 6 items (4 items & 2 extras). I love the new design of the Birchbox - the logo color on the lid has been changed from pink to white and the inside of the box has a cute chevron pattern!


Birchbox June 2013


Unboxing Birchbox June 2013

1. Color Club Wanderlust Collection in London Calling, travel size, 0.25 fl oz.



Full size cost: $8 for 4 mini (0.25 fl oz) polishes
Sample cost: $2

I appreciate that Color Club polishes are 3-free (free of dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde and toluene). This is a fun summer color, however, it clashes with my skin tone so it will go on my swap list.

How it works (from Birchbox):
"Each color is named after one of Birchbox’s international headquarters: Barcelona, London, New York, and Paris. London Calling, a sunny green, makes us think of the city’s myriad green spaces."

2. Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo, travel size, 2.5 fl oz

3. Davines Love Conditioner, 0.41 fl oz sample (extra) 
4. Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying, 0.1 fl oz sample (extra)


Shampoo full size cost: $24 for 8 oz
Shampoo sample cost: $7.50

Conditioner full size cost: $27.50 for 8 oz
Conditioner sample cost: $1.41

Oil full size cost: $40 for 8 oz
Oil sample cost: $0.50

This Davines 3-step system claims to reduce frizz while increasing shine and strength. I am fortunate because my hair only gets slightly frizzy on humid or rainy days. I am excited to try these products on rainy days and see how this 3-step system compares to my other haircare products.

How it works (from Birchbox):
"The shampoo’s Indian fig extract moisturizes your hair while olive amphoacetate gently cleanses. Also noteworthy: the softening olive oil peg-7 ester and strengthening rice proteins. The nourishing conditioner features a targeted combo of silicone-infused moisturizers that work to gently whip your hair into shape. An added dose of borage seed oil protects against breakage while rice wax helps prevent parched strands. Made with antioxidant-rich roucou oil, the lightweight OI/OIL formula gives strands an immediate shine boost. The end result? A glossy, frizz-free ‘do worthy of a double take."

3. LAQA & Co. Lil' Lip Pencil in Pinkman, full size, 0.07 oz


Full size cost: $16 for 2 lip pencils
Sample cost: $8

This LAQA & Co. lil' lip pencil looks somewhat similar to my Tarte natural lip stain in Amused. With that said, I will put this on my swap list because I am trying to not have duplicates of products and I don't need 2 fuschia colored lip products.

How it works (from Birchbox): 
"The smooth shea-butter complex moisturizes and coats lips with saturated, glossy color. The duo comes with two high-energy shades: Pinkman, a vivid fuchsia, and Lambchop, the brand’s signature hot pink."

4. SUKI Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, deluxe size, 0.25 fl oz


Full size cost: $32.95 for 4 oz
Sample cost: $2.06

I was thrilled to find the SUKI exfoliate foaming cleanser in my Birchbox because I haven't tried anything from the SUKI brand! This is a natural, vegan exfoliator that is made with organic coconut oil and organic calendula. 

How it works (from Birchbox): 
"Natural lemongrass and chamomile team up with synthetic-free cosmecutical actives to thoroughly clean skin. At the same time, the alpha hydroxy acids in raw sugar gently buff away dead layers and excess oils without stripping off your skin’s natural moisture."


Summary:


Total box value: $21.47


Verdict: 
Size: I am happy that I received 1 full-size, 2 travel-size, 1 deluxe-size, and 2 bonus foil sample products.

Products: 
I received a good variety of products this month. Almost all the brands are new to me - the 'discovery' aspect of Birchbox is one of the many reasons why I love my Birchbox subscription. I am most excited to try the SUKI exfoliate foaming cleanser. Also, I am happy to have a frizz-fighting hair trio for humid and rainy days.

Value: Good - I paid $10 ($6 if you factor in the Birchbox reward points for completing the product feedback surveys) and received over $21 worth of products.




Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What do you think of this month's box?

Check out the other Birchbox variations this month in my Birchbox spoilers post!


Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Birchbox.  Post contains a referral link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...