Monday, May 20, 2013

Goodebox May 2013 Review

Goodebox is a subscription box for healthy, eco-friendly beauty and lifestyle products.


Goodebox

Contents: The Goodebox this month included 6 items (4 beauty items & 2 lifestyle extras). 



Unboxing the May 2013 Goodebox 


1. Health Warrior Chia Bar in Acai Berry, full size, 0.88 oz


Full size cost: $23.50 for 15 bars
Sample cost: $1.57

This energy bar is free of gluten, dairy and soy, so it is appropriate for individuals who have allergies to those foods. Also, it is 100% vegan and natural. It comes in 3 flavors: coconut, acai berry or chocolate peanut butter. This bar will be placed in my purse for a quick boost of energy when I am in a rush.


How it works (from Goodebox info card):

"Packed with 5 critical antioxidants, omega 3's, 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of plant-based proteins, these bars satisfy your body's need for energy and nutrients and help feed skin from teh sindie out with essential fatty acids. Just 110 calories, these yummy, on-the-go energy boosters are gluten, dairy and soy free as well as 100% vegan."

2. Pure + Remedy Antioxidant treatment gel, deluxe sample, 0.125 oz


This antioxidant gel contains natural and organic ingredients. I am excited to try this treatment gel because it is supposed to help improve skin tone and texture. 


How it works (from Goodebox 
info card):
"Contains powerful antioxidants from herbal extracts, bee propolis & royal jelly to protect the skin from external damage and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple. Daily use will firm, tone and improve texture. Contains bee products."


Antioxidant treatment gel:
Full size cost: $7 for deluxe sample
Sample cost: $7

Peptide-rich serum:
Full size cost: $30 for 1 oz
Sample cost: $3.75

3. Pure + Remedy peptide-rich serum, deluxe sample, 0.125 oz


This serum is targeted towards improving firmness and elasticity, which are not my top skin concerns. However, I will try this serum as I love trying facial serums and think that prevention of skin care issues is important.


How it works (from Goodebox info card):
"Formulated with peptides known to stimulate the synthesis of collagen and other essential components of youthful skin, this effective serum refines the appearance of wrinkles and promotes elasticity and firmness. Pure, vegan hyaluronic acid moisturizes and plumps skin cells. Vegan."

4. The Natural Lip Scrub in Organic Orange, full size, 1 oz



Full size cost: $20 for 1 oz
Sample cost: $20

I've never tried a lip scrub, so I am very excited to try this product. I appreciate that it is natural/organic and does not contain petrolatum or parabens. It comes in several flavors, including organic lemon and organic peppermint. 


How it works (from Goodebox 
info card):
"An organic & all natural lip product that exfoliates, conditions and plumps lip in one easy step! Use daily to eliminate flaky skin on and around the lips. With continued use you'll even notice a decrease in fine lines on and around the lips."

5. Shea Terra Organics Moroccan Argan & Wild African Honey Hydrating Facial Cleansing Elixir, travel size, 1 oz



Full size cost: $18 for 4 oz
Sample cost: $4.50


I laughed when I saw this facial cleanser, because if you saw my stash of facial cleansers, you would know that a cleanser is the last product that I need. However, I do welcome this facial cleanser to my stash because it is all natural and does not contain alcohol. I think that the combination of argan oil and acacia honey will help keep my skin hydrated. 


How it works (from Goodebox info card):
"It's a mouthful, but well deserved. A simple, nourishing combination of pure, raw African acacia honey is cmobined with skin softening Moroccan argan oil for an apitherapy treat that breaks down dead skin cells and ultra-hydrates skin at the same time. Gently removes grime and dead skin without stripping."

6. VitaCare Mint & Pomegranate Whitening Gum, full size, 12 pieces



Full size cost: $1.99
Sample cost: $1.99

I am intrigued by this gum because it contains vitamins and calcium! I like that it does not contain parabens.  It comes in 4 flavors: Mint & chia mint, Mint & key lime, Mint & pomegranate, and Mint & acai. VitaCare also makes toothpaste, mouthwash and toothbrushes - if I like the gum, I will keep an eye out for the toothpaste.


How it works (from Goodebox 
info card):
"A natural gum that does more than just improve dental hygiene and freshen your breath! Enriched with essential vitamins and calcium, it's cool minty freshness & pomegranate antioxidant richness supports gums and tooth health. Free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and parabens. Vegan."

Summary:


Total box value: $38.81

Verdict: 
Size: I am happy that I received 3 full size products, 1 travel-size products, and 2 deluxe-size products.

Products: 
I have previously confessed that I am a skincare junkie. So, I was happy that the beauty-related items in my Goodebox were all skincare products. I am most excited to try the natural lip scrub. Goodebox markets itself as a subscription box for 'healthy beauty, personal care, wellness and/or sustainable living products' and promises 6-7 items in each box. Honestly, I was disappointed to find 2 food items and only 4 beauty-related items. However, I will use all of the products that I received and I like that I don't have to worry that these products include ingredients such as parabens, so I will continue with my bi-monthly subscription.

Value: Good - I paid $16 and received over $38 worth of products.




Do you subscribe to Goodebox? What do you think of this month's box?


Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Goodebox. I purchased this Goodebox. No referral link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...