Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Conscious Box - Gluten-Free April 2013 Review

This April Gluten-Free Conscious box review is quite delayed. I thought that this Gluten-Free box was better than the April Vegan box. However, I was still slightly disappointed in the box contents. I procrastinated while writing this review because I prefer to not write negative reviews on products and subscription boxes. However, I reasoned that it would be helpful for readers to see the contents of the April Gluten-Free Conscious box to determine if this subscription box is a good fit for their lifestyle. These opinions are solely my own and keep in mind that the same products/subscription box may have been loved by others. 


Conscious box

Contents: The April Conscious box theme month was 'Small Changes Make a Big Difference'. My Gluten-Free Conscious box included 11 different items (3 baby, 3 beauty, 2 food, 2 health and 1 home product). 

Baby:
1. Dapple fragrance-free baby bottle & dish liquid, 0.45 fl oz


Full size cost: $5.99 for 16.9 oz
Sample cost: $0.16

2. Nurturme plump peas, 0.46 oz


Full size cost: $9.49 for 8 pouches (0.46 oz each)
Sample cost: $1.19

3. TotLogic body lotion, 0.24 fl oz 


Full size cost: $18 for 8 oz
Sample cost: $0.54

Beauty:
1. Awakening Spirit heavenly dreams creme, estimated size 0.4-0.5 oz


Full size cost: $20 for 8 oz
Sample cost: $1-1.25

2. Gluten Free Beauty facial moisture serum, estimated size 0.125 oz


Full size cost: $36 for 1 oz
Sample cost: $4.50

3. Seventh Generation mandarin refreshing facial cleansing cloths, 1 facial cloth


Full size cost: $5.99 for 30 facial cloths
Sample cost: $0.20

Food:

1. Essential Living Foods palm flower nectar coconut sugar, 8 oz


Full size cost: $5.49 for 8 oz
Sample cost: $5.49

2. Caveman fuel 100% grass-fed peppered beef jerky, 1 oz


Full size cost: $12 for 4 oz bag
Sample cost: $3

Health:
1. Everly natural drink mix in pomegranate maqui berry, 0.1 oz packet

Full size cost: $18 for 2 boxes (6 packets each) - based on kickstarter pledge
Estimated sample cost: $0.67

2. Nuline nutritionals Qspeed fast-melt CoQ10, 2 fast-melt tablets

Full size cost: $24.95 for 40 fast-melt tablets
Sample cost: $1.25

Home:
Amathia Soapworks splash citrus shea butter soap, 0.65 oz


Full size cost: $6 for 3.25 oz
Sample cost: $1.20


Summary:

Gluten-Free Conscious Box April 2013
Total box value: $19.20-19.45


Verdict: 
Size: I was happy to receive 1 full size product and 4 deluxe size samples. However, I was disappointed that the majority of the products, 6 out of the 11 total products, were one-time use samples. As I mentioned in my April Vegan box post - compared to my March Classic Conscious Box, I was also disappointed to see that I did not receive duplicates of these one-time use samples. Duplicates allow me to try an item a couple times and properly form an opinion about it.  

Products: Conscious box disappointed me this month with 3 baby products and 2 dietary supplements. We do not currently have children, so the baby products do not fit our demographic. Also, I did not expect to receive nutritional supplements in a natural and eco-friendly subscription box. In addition, 5 products were duplicates from my April Vegan box, so I did not get to try as many 'different' items. On a positive note, I liked the inclusion of beauty, food and household products in Conscious box. I was most excited about the Gluten Free Beauty facial moisture serum and Caveman fuel 100% grass-fed peppered beef jerky. I like how the serum moisturizes my skin and does not cause my skin to break out. I like the smoky, peppery flavor of the beef jerky and I appreciate that it is made from 100% grass-fed cows and organic spices (though I haven't had beef jerky in years, so I am certainly not a jerky connoisseur).


Value: Fair - a monthly subscription costs $19.95 and I received over $19 worth of eco-friendly and natural products. I took advantage of a discount to get this Gluten-Free box. I am going to  try the Gluten-Free Conscious box for one more month to see if this month was just a poor representation of the Gluten-Free box subscription.



Do you subscribe to Conscious box? What did you think of April's box? 




Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Conscious box.  Post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...