Sunday, April 28, 2013

Love With Food April 2013 Review

Contents: The April Love With Food (LWF) box was curated by Andrew Zimmern. The LWF theme this month was 'Wierd, Wild & Wonderful Foods.' It included 7 different items.


Love With Food


Unboxing the April 2013 Love With Food Box


1. Air Popped Sorghum Grain from Mini Pops, 1 oz

Retail Value $2.40

I've never tried sorghum, so this will be interesting to try! These mini grains are supposedly smaller and crunchier than traditional popcorn. I appreciate that the sorghum in this product is free of pesticides and genetic modification. I'm going to save this package for our next movie night.

2. Cocomels from JJ's Sweets in Original and Sea Salt, 1 piece each

Full Size Cost: $18.00
Sample Cost: $2.24

These all-natural caramels are made with coconut milk, so these are dairy-free! I enjoyed both the original and sea salt flavors. These were creamy, chewy and delicious. I especially liked that these did not stick in my teeth! I would absolutely re-purchase and recommend.


3. Organic Fennel Pollen from Pollen Ranch, 1 gram

Full Size Cost: $16.00
Sample Cost: $0.57

Pollen is another product that I've never tried. This pollen is organic and hand-collected from the wild. It is a spice that's suggested for both sweet and savory dishes. The packet was attached to a fennel pollen pork recipe that I'm excited to try. 

4. Lemony Lover Olives from Oloves, 1.1 oz
Retail Value: $1.59

I've actually eaten Oloves on a flight and remember that the olives were surprisingly 'fresh' tasting. I appreciate that these olives are free of pits and preservatives. We are fortunate enough to live within walking distance of Central Park and have been going on weekly picnics for the past month. This Oloves packet will be reserved for our next picnic in Central Park.


5. Salty Pepper Nuggets from Somersault Snacks, 0.5 oz

Retail Value: $1.12

These nut-free nuggets are made with sunflower seeds and toasted grains. I already gobbled these up and can vouch that these were crunchy and delicious! I would re-repurchase. 

6. Creamy Buffalo Ranch Dip from Buff Lo Dip, 2 oz

Full Size Cost: $24.00
Sample Cost: $1.06

This dip is a combination of buffalo wing sauce and Ranch dressing. Since I love both of these products separately, this combo is sure to be a winner.   

7. Smoky Chili & Lime Chikpea Snacks from The Good Bean, 2.5 oz

Retail Value: $3.46

These are spicy, crunchy, roasted chickpeas that were inspired by Spanish tapas. I tried a handful of these and liked the spice, but thought that the hit of lime was unnecessary. I appreciate that these chickpeas are all-natural and non-GMO. Also, these chickpea snacks are gluten-free, so it is appropriate for those with celiac disesae.


Summary:

Total Estimated Retail Value: $12.44

Product tally:
Sweet: 1
Savory: 5
Miscellaneous: 1


Verdict:
Size: I was happy that we received 4 full size items, 1 deluxe size item and 2 samples!

Products: We received a good variety of high-quality edibles this month. I discovered a handful of new products this month through LWF. Finally, I appreciate that a few of the products are all-natural.

Value: Fair. We received over $12 worth of products this month. Normally, LWF boxes are $12 ($10 per month, plus $2 for shipping and handling). We had purchased a 6-month LWF subscription on Fab for $46.20. 


Are you a LWF subscriber? What was your favorite item from this month's LWF box?

If you sign up for LWF and use 'TTFRIEND', you will get $5 off your first month subscription.


Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Love With Food.  Post contains a referral link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...