Sunday, September 8, 2013

Product Review: Eminence Clear Probiotic Masque

Eminence is a cruelty-free brand from Hungary that produces handmade, organic skin care products. This clear probiotic masque is the first product that I've tried from Eminence and I am thoroughly impressed! For reference, I have combination acne-prone skin. I use this masque once every 1-2 weeks to help prevent blemishes and also resolve existing blemishes. 


image from Dermstore


This masque is unique because it contains probiotics (you may have heard about probiotics in yogurt)! The yogurt helps exfoliate, moisturize and cool skin. The kaolin clay helps unclog pores. Cucumber, shea butter and marigold help cool and moisturize skin. I appreciate that the ingredients are natural/organic.


Masque: Consistency

This masque has a thick and creamy consistency, almost like Greek yogurt. Once the masque is applied onto my face, I feel a tingly and cooling sensation - let me clarify that this is not a burning sensation. The directions suggest that you leave the masque on for 5-10 minutes. However, I've left the masque on for up to 50 minutes and have not experienced any irritation or other side effects.


Masque: Instructions

This masque maintains a creamy consistency while it dries, so it is easy to wash off. Afterwards, my skin looks brighter and feels soft, smooth and moisturized. I like that it does not leave my skin feeling tight, dry and stripped. Finally, any existing blemishes become less inflamed and resolve faster. 

This is the first mask that has impressed me. It is the total package - natural ingredients, gentle, yet effective. I would recommend and re-purchase this mask. It is holy grail status.

Ingredients (from Dermstore):
Cucumber Juice, Corn Germ Oil, Shea Butter, Marigold Oil, Yogurt, Vegetable Glycerin, Kaolin Clay, Stonecrop Juice, Tea Tree Oil, Cyclodextrin, Glycine Soja Oil, Zea Mays (corn) Starch Oil, Xanthan Gum, Vegetable Squalane, Ubiquinone, Tocopepheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C Ester)

What is your favorite mask? 


If you have never ordered from DermStore, Blush or HairEnvy and would like a $10 referral, leave me a comment or e-mail me at cautiouslyoptimisticreviews@gmail.com. We would both receive a $10 gift card to use towards any purchase of $30 or more.




Disclaimer: I purchased this product. I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Eminence. The site is a member of VigLink. Click here for more information on disclosures and referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...