Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Winter Skincare Essentials and Beauty Favorites

Spring is officially here, which means that it is time to re-consider your daily skincare and beauty routine. As the weather warms up, I will start to phase out my heavy creams for lighter moisturizers. Also, I will be more vigilant about re-applying sunscreen throughout the day.

My winter skincare essentials and beauty favorites!


At the moment I am reminiscing about my 10 winter skincare essentials and beauty favoritesI am a skincare junkie, so most of these items are skincare products that helped my dry winter skin. However, I did include a few cosmetic products that I loved this winter! For reference, I have acne-prone combination-oily skin that becomes combination-dry during the winter season.

1. AHAVA Velvet Cream Wash in Hibiscus & Fig


My favorite winter body wash

This luxurious body wash (in the bamboo & pansy scent) was mentioned in my February empties post. It is gentle, moisturizing, lathers nicely and smells terrific. It is for normal-to-dry skin and I appreciate that it is paraben-free!

2. Delizioso Mangosteen & Acai Super Anti-Aging Facial Cream SPF 15



My favorite winter facial cream

This rich facial cream was also mentioned in my February empties post. It is natural, cruelty-free, and smells great. It contains SPF and antioxidants to help dull, aging skin. It is for normal-to-dry skin, so this thick facial moisturizer is perfect for winter.

3. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Grapefruit & Ginger



My favorite winter lip balm

This heavy-duty lip balm contains high SPF and does not list petroleum or parabens as ingredients (UPDATE: I recently found the complete ingredient list and it does include petroleum and several parabens). It is moisturizing, long-lasting and applies smoothly with an easy-to-use applicator. The consistency of the lip balm is thick, without being greasy or sticky. Finally, the pleasant scent is not over-bearing.

4. Jurlique Skin Balancing Facial Oil


My favorite winter facial oil

I bought this facial oil because I tend to get dry patches, especially on my cheeks, during the winter. This facial oil is the perfect product to give me an extra dose of moisture. It is light-weight, moisturizing, absorbs easily and not overly greasy. I am happy to report that I have not had significant dry patches or flaking since I started using this facial oil. I appreciate that it is free of parabens, triclosans and GMOs.

5. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water



My favorite make-up remover

I received this in the September Glossybox and I was amazed by its' performance. It gently removes make-up, yet it is a very effective. My skin is not dry, tight or broken out after using this cleansing spa water. Also, it is not greasy, so it does not leave any residue or sting my eyes like other eye make-up removers. Finally, the scent is light and refreshing.

6. ModelCo Lip Duo Lipstick in Dusk and Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Striptease



My favorite winter lipstick and lipgloss

I received this in a sample swap. It was originally from the October Glossybox. The lipstick is long-lasting, creamy, moisturizing and a nice dusky rose shade. The lipgloss is shiny, smells like strawberries and is not sticky. The lipstick and gloss shades compliment each other nicely for fall/winter. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. The design is bulky and the mirror is not well positioned, making it useless for product application. 

7. Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) Acne Spot And Area Treatment


My favorite acne remedy

Unfortunately, I still get occasional break-outs, so I keep this product handy in my medicine cabinet. This PTR treatment contains salicylic acid, glycolic acid and sulfur. However, due to the sulfur smell, I only apply this at night before bed. When I wake up, my pimples are noticeably smaller and less inflamed. It is gentle and not overly drying, which is unique for a spot treatment. I appreciate that it is free of triclosans and GMOs.

8. Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush



My favorite cleansing brush

The bristles on this brush are soft and incredibly gentle. It leaves my skin looking radiant while feeling clean and smooth. A bonus is that this cleansing brush allows me to use less facial cleanser because it creates a rich lather from my facial cleansers. Prior to purchasing this brush, I used the Sephora brand facial brush, but this Shiseido brush is worth the splurge. 

9. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed


My favorite winter blush

I was perusing the tarte blushes for a fall/winter shade and did not give this shade a second look. I am grateful to the Sephora associate who had introduced me to this blush. This shade does not look impressive in the pan. However, when the blush was applied to my cheeks, I fell in love with the color! This shade complements medium skin tones extremely well. It is matte, so it's appropriate for day or night-time wear. It is highly pigmented and lasts all day without re-application. I appreciate that it is free of parabens, triclosans and GMOs.

10. Urban Decay Potion Primer



My favorite eyeshadow primer

Until recently, I did not know that eyeshadow primers even existed! I received this in a sample swap a few months ago. I have oily eyelids and before I started using this primer, eyeshadows would only last a few hours on my lids. This eyeshadow primer helps keep colors vivid, colors last all day and prevents eyeshadow creasing. This has transformed the look of my eyes.


What were your favorite products during the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...