Monday, November 25, 2013

Wantable Makeup Box August 2013 Review

Wantable Makeup Box

I am trying to catch up on some (very) belated subscription box reviews! 

Wantable is a personalized subscription box that costs $36-$40 a month. Each box contains 4-6 full-sized products from unique, specialty, and premium brands and is valued between $80-$100.


To celebrate their one-year anniversary in August, Wantable had a buy-one-get-one offer on their Makeup subscription boxes. I love taking advantage of deals, so I couldn't resist signing up for my first Wantable makeup box!

Wantable is a unique subscription box for 2 reasons:
1. Subscribers fill out a thorough questionnaire on their preferences, so that Wantable can customized the box contents. The preferences include details about products, colors and textures.  
2. Satisfaction is guaranteed. You can return the box if you don't like it! Also, you have the option to skip months.

The August 
Wantable Makeup Box featured expert was Matthew Ambrosio, an international beauty expert and professional makeup artist. The featured August brands were Au Naturale, Bésame Cosmetics, FACE Stockholm, Japonesque, Michael Marcus and WhipHand Cosmetics.

Contents:

1. Cailyn Cosmetics Linefix Gel Pencil Black

Full Size Cost $17

2. Cala Retractable Blush Brush




Full Size Cost $10

3. Cala Travel Retractable Lip Brush



Full Size Cost $8

4. Lisa Watier Ombre Souffle Supreme Sample



Sample of 2 Eyeshadows

5. MiA BelleZZa Eyeshadow in Midnight Blue




Full Size Cost $16

6. MiA BelleZZa Mineral Pressed Blush Natural



Full Size Cost $16.50

7. Three Custom Color Simply Beautiful Lip Gloss Pot

Full Size Cost $22

8. Michael Marcus Lip Liner in Port (*received due to error, see note below)


Full Size Cost $19


Summary:

Wantable Makeup Box August 2013
Total Box Value: $89.50 (plus a Michael Marcus lipliner)


Verdict:
Size: I was thrilled to find that all of the items were full-sized and I had received a bonus sample.

Products: Sephora is usually my go-to for purchasing makeup. So, most of these brands are new to me and I am happy to try these products through 
Wantable  Additionally, the items matched my profile well. For reference, here are my Wantable settings:
     Love: Brows, Tools
     Like: Blush, Eye liner, Eye shadow, Highlighter, Lip Color
     Dislike: Bronzer, Lash Product, Nail Polish

Value: Good-Great - A monthly Wantable subscription costs $36 and a one-time Wantable box costs $40. I received almost $90 worth of full sized products.

Misc: I did not receive one of the items that was originally listed on my product list - I had received the Michael Marcus lip liner instead of the MiA BelleZZa mineral pressed blush. I contacted Wantable customer service and I was promptly sent the original item.


Do you subscribe to Wantable? What has been your favorite box item(s)?



Disclosure: I am not a sponsor (paid or unpaid) for Wantable. I purchased this Wantable box. Post contains referral links. This site is a member of VigLink. Click here for more information on disclosures and referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...